Thursday, February 18, 2010

From Here On Out

It looks like I'm in the home stretch for The Cry of a Bird of Prey, my Nosferatu soundtrack. Home stretch means: get David's vocal tracks tonight (he has no idea what he's in for.... well, he does, actually...), then clean up all of the tracks, fix the odd part here or there, and mix, mix, mix...

As much as I love tracking (I you will be able to tell with the countless washes of feedback that adorn the soundtrack--whee! Frank Zappa once said, "The disgusting stink of a too loud electric guitar; now that's my idea of a good time."), mixing has become an incredible, edible obsession for me. I'm not saying I'm any good at it, just that I'm obsessed with it. There's a whole other level of artistry going on with mixing; it's like painting with sound.

On a final note (for now), three (well, four, as one of the "three" is/are a set) kind benefactors are assisting my future musical endeavors. First up, one kind benefactor has adopted the role of Executive Producer for The Cry of a Bird of Prey by offering to have it duplicated. The pair one (yup) have gifted me the funds to get a newer computer (soon), as the ones I have been tracking on are 5-8 years old. And, finally, a kind benefactor from the dark depths of my past (well, high school...) is gifting me some high-end digital recording gear as an upgrade from my humble Lexicon Omega interface. I aim to honor them all by cranking out oodles of music...

No comments:

Post a Comment