Monday, April 8, 2013

Been A Long Time...

Hey you... out there in the interwebs... getting... stalked by Shelob...

Mixing The Pink Floyd with Tolkien... probably not a great idea... or is it?...

But smeariously.  I haven't blogged in a LONG time.  I guess I haven't had much to say.  I haven't released the non-awaited third Eutoxita record (I actually got 75% of the way through one and archived it... but that's another blog).  Built an electric upright and a Frankenstein bass.  I DID do a cool recording with my friend Christa of the Christa Renee Band, which you can download for free.

So. Know any good jokes?

Wait... pedals.  I have a new obsession/hobby.  I've gotten into building and modifying effects pedals.  I built my friend David a pedal as a Christmas present back in '11.



I was working on a Devi Ever kit build of her Soda Meiser around the same time... until I trashed the board (break a few eggs...).  I have since finished the 'Meiser (freehand on a Radio Shack perfboard) with all the mods... scary.  In an awesome way:




I used it onstage with my bass for the first time this past Saturday with Floodwatch.  Insane.  I built a Rebote 2.5 delay circuit into a cannibalized Morley Volume enclosure. [Apparently, I neglected to take a photo of the finished pedal...] Sickness. At the same time, I built myself a Rebote 2.5 in a custom enclosure, all Soviet propaganda inspired graphics:



Also sick.  I then modded a Boss PH-2 Super Phaser into another cannibalized Morley (a Volume/Wah this time) for another friend.  Coolness.



My current project is taking TWO PH-2s, modding the hell out of them and running them in series in one enclosure:









I call it the Dopplergänger (do the math). Boss pedals, as it turns out DO NOT ENJOY BEING MODIFIED.  Let's just say I'm learning a lot...

So yeah.  What's new with you?


No comments:

Post a Comment